Abbott Nutrition Vital® AF 1.2 Cal™ Ready to Drink Vanilla Institutional 237mL Can, Gluten-free, Therapeutic Elemental Nutrition
Therapeutic Elemental Nutrition w/ Ingredients to Help Manage Inflammation and Promote GI Tolerance. Has an advanced blend of hydrolyzed protein, fish oil-based structured lipid, and prebiotic (NutraFlora® scFOS®), to support excellent tolerance and absorption. For tube or oral feeding. For supplemental or sole-source nutrition.
- Vital® AF 1.2 Cal™ is Advanced Formula therapeutic elemental nutrition with ingredients to help manage inflammation and promote GI tolerance.
- Peptide-based, elemental protein system.
- Caloric distribution - protein 25%, fat 39%, carbohydrate 36%.
- EPA (2.7g/L) and DHA (1.1g/L) from fish oil (10.8g/L) to help modulate inflammation and metabolic stress.
- Elevated protein (75g/L) to meet the increased protein needs of stressed patients (>1.2g/kg) and support healing.
- Meets or exceeds 100% of the RDI for protein and 24 essential vitamins and minerals in 1422 Cal (1185mL).
- Fortified with vitamin D3 (1013 IU/L) to help meet the increased vitamin D needs of critically ill patients.
- Elevated antioxidant vitamins C and E to help reduce free radical damage.