Medline Optifoam® Foam Dressings are made of specially designed foam to help minimize the chance of granulation tissue migrating into the foam. The dressings have a very high fluid handling capacity. Waterproof outer layer helps prevent strikethrough and aids in the prevention of bacterial contamination of the wound. Its moisture vapor transmission rate adjusts depending on the fluid level in the wound.
- Highly absorbent.
- Helps create ideal healing environment.
- Indications: pressure ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, leg ulcers, donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, skin tears, and first and second degree burns.
- Contraindications: Third degree burns and lesions with active vasculitis.
- Foam dressings have foam pad with micropores for low adherence to wound surface.
- Polyurethane backing helps maintain an optimally moist wound environment.
- Improved fluid handling when kept in contact with the wound surface.
- Adhesive version helps prevent roll-up.