The AirSense 10 CPAP is a basic fixed-pressure therapy device with a built in humidifier and integrated wireless communications capability. It also provides compliance, AHI and leak data reporting.It features an integrated humidifier and can be used with the ClimateLine™ Air heated tube for the optimal temperature and humidity delivered to your mask.
Although the AirSense 10 CPAP model is ResMed's "basic" CPAP device, it's packed with advanced features that make ResMed CPAP machines stand out from the competition.
- Using AirView™, ResMed’s cloud-based patient management system, you can access nightly therapy data, troubleshoot remotely (using the remote assist feature) and change device settings remotely.
- The user-friendly controls, intuitive interface and color LCD screen make it simple to navigate menus and customize settings.
- ResMed’s new AutoRamp™ feature with sleep onset detection delivers a low pressure to help patients fall asleep with ease. Once the patient is asleep, it comfortably ramps up the pressure to ensure the prescribed level is delivered the moment they need it.
- The quiet Easy-Breathe™ motor makes for a peaceful environment for the patient and their bed partner.
- Built-in ambient light sensor adjusts the brightness of the screen based on the light in the room and turns off automatically.
- The SmartStart™ function allows you to begin therapy as soon as you breathe into your mask. When you remove your mask, it stops automatically after a few seconds.
Additional features include:
- Climate Control
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
- Built-in wireless connectivity
- AirView™ remote assist
HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine has a heating plate built in so the water chamber can be attached directly to the machine for a minimal footprint. The humidifier can be set to 9 different settings: off, and 1 through 8 with 1 being the lowest level of humidification, and 8 being the highest.
Take humidification to the next level by adding the OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir integrated heated tube to maintain the temperature of the entire air circuit. The Auto Climate Control mode will consider the room temperature and adjust the level of humidification delivered to the mask.
One of the most innovative features of the AirSense™ 10 line is AutoRamp™ technology. Algorithms allow the machine to sense when the user is awake or asleep, and once asleep will comfortably rise to the full prescribed pressure. See the Important Tips tab of this page for a more detailed explanation of the AutoRamp™ setting.
For added convenience the AirSense™ 10 CPAP features SmartStart™ technology. Simply put on the mask and start breathing and the machine will begin therapy. Similarly, when the mask is taken off, the machine will register the user is no longer using the machine and turn off.
Color LCD Display with Integrated Light Sensor
The LCD display of the AirSense™ 10 CPAP features vibrant colors to help clearly identify different stages of therapy. A blank circle fills with green as therapy pressure ramps up. Green and red faces indicate proper or poor mask fit and are also used to indicate if the humidifier is working properly.
The machine also features a integrated light sensor which allows the screen to adjust brightness automatically when ambient light changes. If a restroom break is needed in the middle of the night, the screen won't blind with brightness, and in the morning it won't be too dim to read how therapy went. In addition, the screen will automatically turn off after a short time to avoid extra light in a dark room.
Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
Now a mainstay on ResMed machines, EPR™ is intended to make therapy more comfortable. Breathing out against full prescribed pressure can sometimes be uncomfortable. EPR™ steps in and helps by lowering the pressure by a set amount on exhalation.
The AirSense™ 10 CPAP provides basic therapy data on the LCD Display such as AHI, nightly usage hours, and total usage hours.