ResMed developed an advanced algorithm technology for bilevel therapy to continuously monitor breathing in order to adjust the inhalation and exhalation pressure breath by breath. Adjusting the delivered pressure based on the needs of the user increases the comfort of the therapy while maintaining an open airway.
HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier and Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
The HumidAir™ humidifier is built into the AirCurve™ 10 machine taking up limited space on a bedside table. Easily adjust the humidification level using the My Options screen on the machine. To set the amount of moisture added to the air stream, select levely 1 through 8 with 1 being the lowest level of humidification, and 8 being the highest. If humidification is not desired, turn the humidifier off entirely.
The OPTIONAL ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube can be added to the therapy system to optimize humidification. Select the "Auto" function on the AirCurve 10 VAuto to allow the Climate Control system to set for the optimum humidification with minimal rainout condensation. The system considers the temperature of the room air to deliver the optimum level of humidification. Please Note: The ClimateLineAir™ tube is 78 inches in length.
Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
When the AirCurve™ 10 VAuto is set in S Mode, the machine is designed to offer expiratory pressure relief to help therapy feel more natural. ResMed's EPR™ feature adjusts the amount of pressure delivered during exhalation and inhalation. EPR™ can be turned off, or set to 1, 2, or 3. Level 1 is the smallest change between inhalation and exhalation and level 3 is the largest change in pressures.
Vsync monitors mask leaks throughout the night and compensates by adjusting the baseline pressure to maintain therapy effectiveness.
The TiControl feature on the AirCurve VAuto machine monitors the pattern of inhalation and exhalation, comparing it against the TiMax and TiMin settings on the machine. Those with respiratory disorders such as COPD or obstructive lung disease may experience early or delayed changes from inspiration to expiration, referred to as cycling. The 10 VAuto BiLevel TiControl feature is designed to prevent cycling by setting a minimum and maximum time limit on inspiration. When the machine detects the user breathing which falls outside the machine settings, it will intervene to alter the timing of the delivered IPAP (inhalation) or EPAP (exhalation) pressure.
- Ti Max: Maximum length of Inhalation
- Ti Min: Minimum length of Inhalation
- Trigger: Sensitivity level for inhalation trigger
- Cycle: Sensitivity level for exhalation
IMPORTANT FUNCTION NOTE: The AirCurve 10 VAuto machine does spontaneously regulate the breathing pattern to avoid cycling which results in inefficient breathing. This feature CANNOT be turned off. This machine is NOT a BiLevel ST machine and DOES NOT have a back up rate setting.
LCD Display with My Options
The AirCurve™ 10 VAuto has a color LCD display. The menus are designed to be easy to read and use. Select the menu item on the screen by turning the easy grip dial. Select the My Options menu to view and modify the current settings:
- Ramp time - Ease into therapy with a period of lower pressure. Or select AutoRamp™ and the machine senses and adjusts when sleep begins.
- Humidity Level - Set humidity between 1 (lowest) & 8 (highest), or turn it off.
- Mask Fit - Runs a seal integrity check showing a green smiling face for a good fit or red frowning face for a poor fit.
- Leak Alert- Set the device to begin beeping when a large leak is detected or the mask is removed.
- SmartStart™ - Therapy automatically starts when it senses breathing.
- Mask Type - Set the mask type being used: Nasal; Nasal Pillow; Full Face Mask.
- Run Warmup - Preheat the humidifier water before starting therapy.
The AirCurve™ 10 includes an integrated light sensor to adjust the machine screen light level. The sensor reads the light in the room and adjusts the screen brightness automatically. Once the lights in the room are turned off, the machine screen dims. After a few seconds the machine screen goes dark.
The AirCurve™ VAuto records the therapy information on the machine's on board memory. The data can be downloaded to the included SD card. The machine's on board memory holds compliance information for 365 sessions of use as well as detailed data for 30 sessions.
- AutoSet Algorithm
- Built In HumidAir™ Humidifier
- Optional ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube
- Expiratory Pressure Relief (EPR™)
- Vsync Leak Management
- TiControl Feature
- My Options Color LCD Display
- Light Sensor
- Advanced Data